Our highest priority is to protect every resident's life, liberty, and property in this district and country. We want a fair and compassionate America that gives everyone equal opportunities to improve their lives. When one is on the wrong track, he or she will be educated on better alternatives. Together, we can do it!
We need additional resources for mental health, not stricter gun laws. Proper perspective education is the solution. Unfortunately, countless individuals continue their wrong tracks because they do not understand other alternatives.
The United States is the world's leader in incarceration. Many people currently in jail have not even been convicted of a crime. Stop mass incarceration and focus on our most vulnerable members of society. We support A Just Society: The Mercy in Reentry Act, The People's Justice Guarantee, and Protecting Our Kids Act.
First-time home buyers, renters, individuals who cannot afford to pay full rent prices, individuals who are behind on their rent payments, and homeless individuals need assistance. We will vote to lower housing costs and home prices.
We have plans to work with city officials to promote affordable housing in their communities, repair public housing, fight against rent increases, stop unfair evictions, prohibit landlords from refusing to rent to certain tenants, and protect homes for owners.
Working Class Individuals and Families
You deserve to thrive, not just survive. We will vote to protect and increase our social safety net. Simultaneously, we will fight to keep gas, food/nutrition, and utility prices down.
We believe in Medicare for all. In America, no one should be too poor to get the care they need. It is wrong to take away health insurance when a person becomes unemployed. We will vote to separate health insurance from unemployment and expand Medicare.
K-12 public schools play a significant role in their respective communities. They should never face budget cuts, even when things are tight. Right now, they need additional resources.
The freedom to choose what one wants to study and explore in college is important; however, students must select wisely. Trade schools and colleges need to describe career prospects accurately to future and current individuals in their programs. According to research published by the Washington Post, nearly two in five U.S. adults have regrets about their choice of college major.
We advocate for tuition-free public college and trade school, The Student Debt Cancellation Act, The Fair College Admission Act, The Green New Deal for Public Schools, and The Higher Education Dream Act.
We want better air quality and a healthier environment for all of us in America. Decarbonization is a top priority. We will vote against groups and corporations that are doing otherwise.
Additional Jobs and Resources
We need more employment and resources for our country. Suitable and new industries must be established. Biden’s The American Jobs Plan will create millions of good-paying positions, rebuild our infrastructure, and make us more competitive worldwide.
Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal gives a living-wage union job to everyone who wants one. As a result, millions of workers will lead the transition to a new economy. These works provide adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security.
Workers and Small Businesses
We support A Federal Jobs Guarantee, rebuilding the unions, canceling the Taft-Hartley Act, and investing in communities. Unfortunately, the current system serves and benefits large corporations instead of observing them for any wrongdoing. We will side with workers and small businesses in Congress.
Small businesses are the backbone of our nation. They interact with many residents daily and employ nearly half of the U.S. workforce. We need to assist them in serving more customers, hiring additional employees, and expanding their businesses. This is the best approach to making our country stronger and wealthier.
All women deserve equal pay, workplace safety, paid parental leave, and healthcare. It is time to support their economic, reproductive, and liberation rights. We advocate for Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act, Women's Health Protection Act, Paycheck Fairness Act, and Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. Our country needs to expand Social Security, Medicaid, and FMLA programs to cover doula and midwife services, basic childcare costs, and menstrual hygiene products, so all women can access the services, care, and products they need.
Equal rights and protections for the LGBTQIA+ community in all aspects of life.
If elected, we will work to:
· Prohibit all discrimination based on sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation in places of public accommodation.
· Build LGBTQIA+-affirming housing and shelter programs.
· Repeal SESTA/FOSTA and implement real protections against sexual violence against the LGBTQIA+ community.
· Expand protections for LGBTQIA+ people of color
· End the criminalization of LGBTQIA+ identities
· Make schools safe for LGBTQIA+ students through appropriate accommodations.
· Grant asylum to refugees escaping maltreatment due to their sexuality or gender identity.
· Restore open service by transgender people in the United States military
· Stop discrimination in healthcare for all.
· H.R.3509 - LGBTQ Data Inclusion Act
· H.R.3114 - Every Child Deserves a Family Act
· H.R.2775 - Protecting LGBTQ Youth Act
· H.R.5 - Equality Act
· H.R.3570 - Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act of 2019
· H.R.2312 - Elder Pride Act
· H.R.1777 - Ruthie and Connie LGBT Elder Americans Act of 2019
· H.R.223 - Hate Crime Victim Assistance Act of 2019
· H.Res.124 - Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals.
· H.Con.Res.98 - Supporting the goals and ideals of GLSEN's 2020 Day of Silence in bringing attention to anti-lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) name-calling, bullying, and harassment faced by individuals in schools.
· H.Res.1014 - Encouraging the celebration of the month of June as LGBTQ Pride Month.
· H.Res.465 - Expressing support for the designation of June 26 as "LGBTQ Equality Day".
· H.Res.388 - Supporting the goals and ideals of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia.
· H.Res.722 - Supporting the goals of Transgender Day of Remembrance.
Compassion for Seniors
We advocate for federal programs that provide services and care to help elders stay supported, connected, and engaged. They also depend on affordable prescription drugs. No more price gouging and monopoly practices by pharmaceutical companies.
Our district and country shall continue to build affordable housing complexes for low-income seniors. In addition, we support expanding Medicaid to include home health care so that they can stay in their homes and age there.
We need to protect and expand Social Security and Medicare. High-income individuals must pay the same percentage of their earnings into Social Security. Elder-care professionals need a living wage, training, and safety equipment.
To name a few, gambling, alcohol, tobacco, pornography, and social media are doing more harm than good and should be kept at a moderate level. Therefore, when we believe an industry fits the above description, we will vote against its expansions and taxes.
Many of them openly and proudly exploit consumers while disregarding the federal government. This is not acceptable. We will propose bills to eliminate, reduce, or change these industries.